TECHNOLOchicas February/March News
We have been flying from coast to coast, filming a series of TECHNOLOchicas videos for 2017, and we cannot wait to show them to you! (Check out a few “behind the scenes” pics.) In the meantime, follow us on Facebook and Twitter, as we roll out their profiles. And, continue reading our newsletters for all of the latest TECHNOLOchicas news — inspiring videos, resources, news articles, and event highlights!
In this newsletter:
- Tip of the Month
- Featured News Coverage
- Spreading the Word
- Featured Video
Tip of the Month
Did you know that March is Women’s History Month? Check out NCWIT Pioneer in Tech Award winners for role models whose legacies continue to inspire generations of young women to pursue computing and make history in their own right.
Want more tips? Follow along on Facebook and Twitter, and browse the complete set of NCWIT resources online. And, be sure to share them with your communities
Featured News Coverage
- “No one wants a free pass because of the color of the skin. Don’t bend the rules for women of color. We don’t need you to pull us into the room if we haven’t earned it; we just need you to unlock the door – we can let ourselves in.” // TECHNOLOChica Diana Trujillo talks diversity and “Hidden Figures.” // bit.ly/2jeQJGN
- How do you take a science fair project and turn it into a business that saves lives? TECHNOLOChica and Inventor of Baby Hot Seat: Car Seat Alarm System Alissa Chavez gives the answer to Women Entrepreneurs Radio: http://bit.ly/2kqbugb.
- TECHNOLOchica Diana Trujillo, Project Lead for NASA’s Mars Curiosity Rover, talked to more than 8,000 middle school girls and high school women, who were mostly of color, at a recent screening of “Hidden Figures.” Go, Diana! // http://bit.ly/2jI8q0w
Spreading the Word
Want to help support TECHNOLOchicas? Below are several ways you can help.
Join Us Online
- Follow @TECHNOLOchicas on Twitter, and like TECHNOLOchicas on Facebook for daily tips, inspirational quotes, and Latinas in technology news that you can share with friends.
- Follow us on Instagram, and see event highlights through the eyes of the TECHNOLOchicas as they capture memorable moments. View additional, official photos on the Flickr channel.
Host an Event
Ask a TECHNOLOchica to make an appearance, or show a screening of TECHNOLOchicas videos for young Latinas at schools or community organizations. Contact email@example.com to start planning!
Identify More TECHNOLOchicas
Know Latinas in technology who could be profiled as a TECHNOLOchica? Share this application form with them: http://bit.ly/1OVS2lw.
TECHNOLOchicas Natalia Rodriguez and Jessica Santana discuss what UX designers do in their latest Univision segment.